Junior software developers/engineers with an interest in blockchain
2. Participants must have a Local Polytechnic Diploma or Degree in Information Technology, Business or any other relevant discipline.
3. Participants will be required to attempt a mandatory online quiz and attain 75% of the marks to pass. The quiz is single attempt only. Only participants who have successfully passed the quiz will be eligible to be enrolled into the programme.
Recognition of Prior Learning
Applicants who do not meet the entry requirements may be considered for admission to the course based on evidence of at least 5 years of relevant working experience or supporting evidence of competency readiness.
Singapore Polytechnic T1A
NTUC Centre, One Marina Boulevard, Singapore 018989
80RR, #08-01, 80 Robinson Road, Singapore 068898
Topic 1: What is Blockchain?
• Digital Cash, Bitcoin and Blockchain
• Cryptography in Blockchain
• Proof of Work, How it Works
• Byzantine Fault Tolerance, Consensus Protocols
• Lab 1: Set Up a Blockchain
Topic 2: How Bitcoin Works?
• Understanding Bitcoin Mining
• Mining Hardware
• 51% Attacks
Topic 3: What’s in a Bitcoin Transaction?
• Public Private Keys
• Lab 2a: Using Crypto Wallets
• Lab 2b: Create a Cryptocurrency
Topic 4: Beyond Bitcoin – The Blockchain Ecosystem
Topic 5: Ethereum & Smart Contracts
• Lab 3: Writing a Smart Contract
• Assessment Project
Guest Lecturers & Speakers
Dr Ernie Teo
Chia Hock Lai
About FinTech - Blockchain (Beginners) Programme
The Singapore Polytechnic (SP) and the Token Economy Association (TEA SG) have jointly created the 2 month FinTech - Blockchain (Beginners) Programme (FBB). Through this initiative, we are dedicated in grooming aspiring PMEs into exceptional FinTech & Blockchain leaders in their respective fields of expertise. We are committed to provide continuous engagements, career development platforms and networking opportunities for FBB Programme participants.
The FBB Programme features a stellar line-up of renowned industry practitioners, C-suite leaders and entrepreneurs from locally and internationally grown organisations. Over 500 Blockchain professionals will attend our monthly sessions held by esteemed practioners and experts, which aim to train participants in the areas of technical, leadership and soft skills.
Networking opportunities and sharing of experiences by our speakers will also be presented to all participants. The FBB Programme endeavours to equip Blockchain professional with the right set of skills required to succeed in the workplace while additionally providing opportunities to expand their network by connecting with fellow practitioners, leaders and entrepreneurs.